January 30, 2012

Monday

On Monday I went the Mall that is about a 20 minute walk from Scott's hotel. I wandered around looking for trinkets to buy but only found cheap stuff made in China. There were shirts that had funny things in English on them like "Friends with Rings" or "Sunshine Happy Day." I looked at the foods at the restaurants there and none of it looked very good so after wondering the mall for about 2 hours I came back to the hotel. I looked for Saizyria's (I think I called it Sylvania's in another post) on my walk home but never found it. I will find it again for lunch Tuesday. I also wandered the shops that are attached to Scott's hotel but didn't find much that looked interesting to me there either.

For dinner we went to Bandana's (an Indian restaurant). The food was great - if it were near Dixon I'd go there all the time. I had Garlic Naan that I dipped in Vegetable Curry. Scott had Tandoori Chicken and Honey Naan. One of the other guys got Cheese naan which was like a naan Quesadilla. So good! After eating great food there we came back to the hotel and Scott worked on homework while I watched the second to last episode of American Idol from last season on Japanese Fox. Scotty vs Lauren.

Today (Tuesday) I am going to go to Toyokawa-Inari again to look at the shops. I saw some cute trinkets that I think I will buy while I'm there. We will see if I can find my way there again. I should have paid better attention when Scott took me last time.

No comments: