July 23, 2012

Cousins and Aunts oh my!

Christina and I decided to take a vacation to Door County to visit her Shipwreck.  We invited Nancy (her mom, my aunt) and Janet (Christina's Aunt, Nancy's sister) to tag along.

Wednesday:
Christina, Nancy and I went to Milwaukee to visit the Milwaukee Public Museum and ate at The Melting Pot for Dinner.  The Melting Pot was delicious and I could eat melted cheese and melted chocolate for the rest of my life.

Thursday: 
We went to the Milwaukee Zoo and saw animals and animals and more animals. Then we drove to Appleton and ate dinner at Ginger Root (Asian restaurant).

Friday:
We drove up to Sturgeon Bay Wisconsin.  We ate lunch at Blue Moon Cafe and went on a Fire Boat Cruise.  They took us out to a lighthouse and then through a place where they build and repair ships.  We got to go under a draw bridge twice. We drove up to Bailey's Harbor and read the sign about the Christina Nils(s)on Shipwreck. We ate dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Sturgeon's Bay.

Saturday:
Christina and I went back to Bailey's Harbor to go on our Kayaking trip to see her shipwreck and other shipwrecks.  We had 10 people in our kayaking group and two guides.  Our kayaks were clear bottomed. We kayaked through the harbor at Bailey's Harbor and went out to the BirdCage lighthouse that was near the Christina Nilson Shipwreck.  We saw the Christina Nilson and Christina got her photo taken with a buoy that marks the shipwreck.  We saw a few other unnamed shipwrecks one of which looked like it was only 1 foot underneath our boats.  Kayaking was hard work but so much fun.  I'd definitely enjoy a guided tour again! Not sure I'm ready to kayak down random rivers like Scott and Elliott though!



For lunch Christina and I were starving so we went to Sonny's Pizzeria which was delicious after all our hardwork.

Saturday afternoon we went to the Cana Island lighthouse and climbed spiral scary stairs. Great view at the top!



Saturday night we went to the Peninsula Player's show "The Nerd" and ate a picnic dinner in their outside lounge. We finished the play at 10:30 pm and after waking up at 6:30 am we were ready for bed!

Sunday:
We drove back to Appleton to drop off Janet, then drove back to Madison.  We ate lunch at Doban which is an Indian restaurant and so good.  Although this is my 2nd time being there and the 2nd time they didn't bring my food out to me with everyone else - we had to remind them.  I think they might hate me.  Then I drove home and was exhausted!

Christina and Nancy drove back to Nebraska on Monday.  We had played a license plate game which they started when they left Nebraska.  When all was said and done we found 43/50 states (including Alaska!!) as well as Oneida Nation and 2 Canadian provinces.  Pretty good!

No comments: